skeevecr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigNewt View Post
The consumer market (me and my wife for example came to bb with th pearl like a lot of others in 2006) is different. Email is great but other messaging is greater, and camera is huge for my wife. I don't do Facebook but I do forums and news so the browser is increasingly important. The touchscreen device with its big screen is the future of browsing via smartphone. It's no accident the iPhone was the first to have that. I'm sure BB is all over the Storm 2. Not just for youth, but for adults who like that bigger pretty screen for the browser and for pix. When I browse at home I grab my iPod Touch. Messaging is fine on the Pearl. It's smaller. It will always have its users. The future of the browsing BB is the touchscreen (and I rejected the Storm for the 8900 remember that). But you need a keyboard unit or 2 for the rest of the folks too. Banging out txt and email is definitely easier on a keyboard, I don't care what the iPod fanboys say. It's not even close.
I think you need to avoid falling into thinking that the singular of data is anecdote, the consumer market is not simply one singular entity that all want the same thing as much as apple's marketing would try to convince people otherwise. Beyond the obvious benefits of their system, the biggest strength of blackberry these days is that they keep trying to expand their range in new ways because they know that just trying to sell one device to everyone is a perfect way to limit sales because different factors are more important to some people than others e.g. we are soon to get the gemini showing up because of one particular factor that is very important to some people, that of cost.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:50 PM   #22
TallPaul86
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9300
PIN: 27A2D112
Carrier: O2 UK

Well quite a lot of good points raised here, nice to see some proper debates and/or discussions going about!

The main reason i got talking about the whole samsung thing was my old Nokia N95 took SUPERB photos and EXCELLENT videos so when hooking up your phone to the TV via Composite cables provided it was funny looking back at all your antics on a night out on the big screen for example.

I reckon that would be a nice attention-to-detail feature for RIM to add should they ever venture out into the aforementioned technological area.

It'll be highly unlikely, as previously mentioned, that a Blackberry will have HD video/picture facilities on it however it would be awesome food for thought sen as how Samsuing have it on their upcoming Omnia so the technology IS out there and it's been proven that it can be done and work
Old 05-08-2009, 06:31 PM   #23
southwestcomm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Many
Carrier: Sprint

I don't see any other manufacturer trying to do this either....
Old 06-06-2009, 03:38 PM   #24
santo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: Rogers

Now, video output would be a KILLER feature. I know many who are buying Netbooks just to have a compact laptop they can slip in a bag or carry-on for Power Point presentations. If you could output a Powerpoint on Blackberry to a projector or monitor (a VERY business savvy feature), people would love it and it would be a sought-after feature in a "business" phone, I think.

I, personally, would like to see output to TV for Divx movies
Old 06-06-2009, 09:01 PM   #25
BallHawk3
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

I bought my Honda Fit because of the price, reliability, gets great gas milage, leased well, has an excellent re-sale value, and oh it's amazing Versitle with the cargo configuration for a small compact car

I didn't buy for doing 4 gear burn outs, or hitting 160+ MPH with a 6.1 Liter 425HP Hemi motor, and the insane rumbled from the exhaust notes that puts a smile on your face when you rev it. I would have a bought a Dodge Charger

Nor did I buy it for luxurious leather and heated/vetilated seats, self adjusting fully adjustable suspension, HID headlights that adjust to the road, self parking system and a look that still can get the panties wet. I would have bought a BMW 7 Series.

ANd I definately didn't buy it so I can race around a corner at over 120+ mph with my knee down, and then try to keep the front wheel down as I full throttle out of the corner and onto the back straight with the wind rushing over my head as i'm tucked in below my tiny windscreen. That's what my motorcycle is for.

Sure innovaton is introducing something new and different. But you can't, nor should you put a friggin' 560HP V12 into a Toyota Prius. Different, yes....Stupid, yes.....Pointless...HELL YES
Closed Thread