Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 10:56 AM   #21
Drewdatrip
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

@ REIGN SS They were discussing getting a data card and what would be the best alternative, someone said sprint was the best so i just wanted to offer up a clarification.
I have a hsdpa card myself with ATT and i average 700-1mps with faster bursts...and ATT is upgrading to HSUPA which will increase that a fair bit..im already noticing a higher average and better bursts with a few towers locally as they have been updated for the iphone..i have also noticed More towers are scheduled to be put up in the very ear future.

@fonejunkie i know ATT is the big bad wolf and everything and we demand ur first born and eat babies...but believe when i say this..i work for ATT and nobody trolls these forms for ways to **** people...more att employees are here looking for solutions to answers they don't know

Hope i have been helpful

Drew
Old 06-03-2008, 01:08 PM   #22
fonejunkie
Just me

Model: iFone
PIN: Not on my iPhone5
Carrier: iPhone5 on AT&T Mobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewdatrip View Post

@fonejunkie i know ATT is the big bad wolf and everything and we demand ur first born and eat babies...but believe when i say this..i work for ATT and nobody trolls these forms for ways to **** people...more att employees are here looking for solutions to answers they don't know
Drew
I have no skin in this discussion, so it really is a moot point as far as I am concerned... but I do know that PINs are unique to a specific BB device and they are trackable...

I just found it interesting (mildly amusing) that people were discussing how to beat the system and all the while they had something in their posts/profiles that specifically identified them or their device.

It's a slow news day and I was looking for a bit of humor.

As for the technical ability of *SOME* of the AT&T folks, I hear ya. (And yes, I am sure all of the other carriers have one or two technically challenged employee, as well.)

Last edited by fonejunkie; 06-03-2008 at 01:10 PM..
Old 06-03-2008, 01:56 PM   #23
netwiz1

Model: 8703
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightingbird View Post
Hey all,

I have a question. Recently, I was considering getting a sprint wireless card and play for my laptop for when I am not at home. After looking at some pretty high plans, I was somewhat discouraged. Anyway, after talking with a friend who has a blackberry with ATT like myself, he showed me that he tethers his laptop and casually browses on his laptop while out on the go. So I looked into plans and was about to sign up and noticed a few things. The plans arent all that high but aren't cheap either. Since I use a Att Go plan, I'm not eliglible unless I upgrade. After discussing this with my friend, he alerted me that he has been tethering on his phone for some time but doesnt even have a tethering plan. Only a unlimited data plan like I have currently. So we did some playing around and I was able to connect with my 8300 and browse. I pulled up five pages. Freaked out and logged.

Heres my question.

Can I get in trouble for this? I would only be using it to browse, not on line gaming, downloading, or anything major. Its not like I'm not paying for unlimited data. I'm just not paying for the tethering. So anyone know?

Can I get in trouble for this?

I have been in conversation with Sprint Reps. Sometime around June 15th software for tethering will be available. The person did not provide pricing, nor did they indicate tethering would be included in Sprints simply everthing plan. We will have to wait and see.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:58 PM   #24
netwiz1

Model: 8703
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewdatrip View Post
AT&T's 3G comes out on top in speed tests, will only get faster in 2009 - Engadget

Oh just and fyi about the speeds for the cards..ATT is now faster then Sprint
No big deal. Sprint is working on Wi-MAX, that will crush ATT and their 3G.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:23 PM   #25
BubbaRob
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Curve
PIN: 31A7D9F5
Carrier: Verizon

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmonkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaRob View Post
If you choose to go with a mobile broadband card option there is a company out west (US) that uses Sprint service without the contract and at a cheaper price. I can give you the details if you like. Just thought I'd throw that out there if you were leaning towards another option. I maintain speeds of 800kbs-1MB/sec download consistently but I am close to a tower.

Rob
Who is is the company out west that uses sprint network but offers cheaper service??
Millenicom out of Portland OR. I use them now and they use the Sprint towers in my area for their service. They also use other service as well but not in my area.

No contract and 50 bucks a month. Cancel whenever you want and send back the Franklin USB modem. I believe they buy major carrier service and re-sell it. I've never had an outage over 6 months of usage.