Jason Mark
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9xxx
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
You are reaching are't you. If you can't defend your argument then please refrain from posting.
I don't reach. The original comment that it costs RIM money is accurate. When the builds are given to Partners and then leaks to the public, theres always those that have no clue as to what they're doing(and some that do) and brick their device. With the lack of knowledge they cannot recover said device. Therefore the device is taken back to the carrier, still under warranty, and the customer is issued a brand new device. The carrier then send the device back to it's manufacturer to see what the problem is/was. Only to find out that it's bricked and not really fu-barred. So in the end even if they re-furb it, the manufacturer still loses money because a brand new device was issued when there was really nothing wrong with the original. That there is one example of how beta leaks cost RIM money.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:52 PM   #22
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigNewt View Post
Huh? You've been posting long enough to know that forums like this hardly depend on defending anything at all. You yourself have posted lots of stuff that you can't defend and nobody tell you to shut up. Calm down big guy.
Um, I can defend any statement I post. Show me one post that I have not been able to defend. And I'm not upset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_X View Post
I don't reach. The original comment that it costs RIM money is accurate. When the builds are given to Partners and then leaks to the public, theres always those that have no clue as to what they're doing(and some that do) and brick their device. With the lack of knowledge they cannot recover said device. Therefore the device is taken back to the carrier, still under warranty, and the customer is issued a brand new device. The carrier then send the device back to it's manufacturer to see what the problem is/was. Only to find out that it's bricked and not really fu-barred. So in the end even if they re-furb it, the manufacturer still loses money because a brand new device was issued when there was really nothing wrong with the original. That there is one example of how beta leaks cost RIM money.
Thats a definite stretch. Most devices like this are caught and RIM can send these back to the carrier to recoup their money and then it rolls all the way back to the customer.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:15 PM   #23
Jason Mark
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9xxx
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:

Thats a definite stretch. Most devices like this are caught and RIM can send these back to the carrier to recoup their money and then it rolls all the way back to the customer.
You might want to stick to what ever else it is that you do. Because BlackBerry knowledge definitely isn't high up on your list. I remember telling you the Storm would work on AT&T and Rogers and you flamed me for months telling me I was wrong.
Fact remains what I posted is true. RIM has to replace these devices and it costs money. If you choose not to believe so, that's fine with me.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:13 PM   #24
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_X View Post
You might want to stick to what ever else it is that you do. Because BlackBerry knowledge definitely isn't high up on your list. I remember telling you the Storm would work on AT&T and Rogers and you flamed me for months telling me I was wrong.
Fact remains what I posted is true. RIM has to replace these devices and it costs money. If you choose not to believe so, that's fine with me.
You just joined this month. Do you have more than one account? That's against forum policy.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Old 03-26-2009, 09:23 PM   #25
koolaidWTF
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9XXX
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsconyers View Post
You just joined this month. Do you have more than one account? That's against forum policy.
He's probably not talking about on this site, but what he says is the truth. He has stated many many things(not on here) and most, if not all of them are reliable. And he can back everything up.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:29 PM   #26
TheBigNewt
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Um, I can defend any statement I post. Show me one post that I have not been able to defend. And I'm not upset.

There's one. Are you in a position to "catch" devices that are bricked and see that they're sent back to the carrier so not a cent was lost? I think not. Nobody can defend everything they post around here. That's a fact. And if you're not into the facts then so be it.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:06 AM   #27
Jadey
BBF War Game Mod

Model: Z10
PIN: SEEKRIT innit
Carrier: AT&T

Enough. This has strayed too far OT to be a valid thread.