Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 12:37 PM   #1
rsant39

Model: 8120
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TMobile
Default Wireless and Directv

Please Login to Remove!

I recently purchased an 8120 and I have been using it with my wireless router. It has been great because I know have service in all of my house when I used to only have service in one room. There were no problems whatsover until I was on a call with my 8120 and my house phone rang. My call dropped. This happened a couple of times so I decided to look at my house phone. My house phone is a 2.4ghz phone so I tried changing to 5.8ghz and had the same problem. I then tried a 6.0 DECT phone and still had the problem of dropped calls when my landline would call. I was out of ideas and then realized that with my Directv service I can see caller ID on my TV screen when the phone rings so I figured that my Directv box must be causing the interference. I disconnected my Directv box from the phoneline and the issue has ceased. I can no longer see who is calling on my TV screen but my Blackberry service is not interrupted now when my house phone rings(I am even using my original 2.4ghz phone). Has anyone else had this issue? I wonder if there is a filter or other fix that I can do to the Directv box so that I can use all of my toys without interference.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:09 PM   #2
bavism
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Cincinnati Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsant39 View Post
I recently purchased an 8120 and I have been using it with my wireless router. It has been great because I know have service in all of my house when I used to only have service in one room. There were no problems whatsover until I was on a call with my 8120 and my house phone rang. My call dropped. This happened a couple of times so I decided to look at my house phone. My house phone is a 2.4ghz phone so I tried changing to 5.8ghz and had the same problem. I then tried a 6.0 DECT phone and still had the problem of dropped calls when my landline would call. I was out of ideas and then realized that with my Directv service I can see caller ID on my TV screen when the phone rings so I figured that my Directv box must be causing the interference. I disconnected my Directv box from the phoneline and the issue has ceased. I can no longer see who is calling on my TV screen but my Blackberry service is not interrupted now when my house phone rings(I am even using my original 2.4ghz phone). Has anyone else had this issue? I wonder if there is a filter or other fix that I can do to the Directv box so that I can use all of my toys without interference.
Is your internet connection comming through a DSL modem that is hooked up to your phone line. If so make sure you have a DSL phone filter hooked up between your direct tv box and the wall phone jack.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:15 PM   #3
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

There's a history of DirecTV phone connections causing issues; mine caused my HD picture ON THE SAME DVR to pixelate.

Since DirecTV programming is, well, I'll be nice, a bit shaky, I just unplugged the phone wire and kept it that way. No DSL in my house.

Have you tried using a different wire betwee the jack and the DVR?
Old 08-13-2008, 02:20 PM   #4
rsant39

Carrier: TMobile

My internet connection is through a DSL modem. I have a DSL filter directly into the phone jack but then I have a splitter on the end of the filter and my phone goes into one of the splits and directv into the other. Should I have it set up differently? Should I put the splitter directly into the phone jack and then two separate dsl filters? Any thoughts?
Closed Thread