BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 10:32 PM   #1
glassjoe

Model: 6710
Default Upgraded OS, but what about upgrading the platform?

Please Login to Remove!

I own a T-Mobile 6710 and I'm trying to write a personal web app for it. I've been using the simulators to test out most of the web app so far, but when I finally tested it out on the physical BlackBerry itself, some html tags aren't rendering correctly in the BlackBerry browser like they do on the simulator. They are totally illegible.

I already checked my HTML to make sure it was well-formed. And I checked to see if the OSes were the same and they both are running 4.0.0.185.

However, the simulated 6710 handheld is running on platform 2.1.0.91 and the physical 6710 handheld is running on platform 1.4.0.78. I'm guessing "platform" means J2ME platform.

Is there any way to update the platform on my physical BlackBerry handheld so that it matches up with the simulator?

And even if this doesn't fix my particular problem, I still think I should keep the physical and simulated BlackBerry 6710's as close to mirror-images of each other as possible. Right?

Last edited by glassjoe; 04-26-2005 at 10:38 PM..
Old 04-28-2005, 03:38 PM   #2
DoomBringer
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7280
Carrier: cingular, no wait, AT&T

The platform number doesn't seem to matter as much. I'd say you're fine if the two don't match.
Closed Thread