Old 08-20-2008, 11:09 PM   #1
beata.yeah

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile
Default 8100 - t-mobile - Blank Light Screen HELP

Please Login to Remove!

4 questions within bb damsel drama ...

I had this problem in Feb 07 but after about 30 hours it fixed itself.

Now it's been 48 hours ... long blonde hair all over the floor and not on my head ... ugly, really ugly ...

Blank light screen. A couple times in the last 48 hours the phone desktop has come on but when I hit any button it scrambles then goes back to blank light screen.

I've upgraded to 4.2 (t-mobile)

1. trying wipe with jl cmder (anyone know how long this should take?? - can't see bb screen to determine whether done or not)

2. and then I plan to reload 4.2 or 4.5 if someone can tell me if I can still operate with T-mobile service if I have 4.5 loaded???

done about 15 battery pulls in the last 48

It was making calls that I could dial (of course I only remember about 2 of my 576 numbers in my phone) and receiving them OK. When I could get just the right sequence of keys I could even get bb to look up and dial without seeing the screen. (before I did the uploads) Now the wireless seems to be off. Apparently phone is operating with the exception of the screen/desktop.

T-mobile is quoting $190 to fix. $230 for new BB Pearl. I'm 15 months into 24 month contract.

3. Are there independant techs that can fix this cheaper? in Dallas/Irving TX

4. I read a thread about someone who found a new screen on line with the tools and replaced it themselves for about $35+/-. Similar problem description but I didn't drop my phone to initiate this difficulty.

Ideas bb damsels and dudes ....??????
Old 08-20-2008, 11:24 PM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

1. The actual wipe is fairly quick, a few minutes. The OS reload could take 20-30 minutes or longer.

2. 4.5 would be fine.

3. Don't know what is exactly wrong, but it sounds like you could have a faulty LED screen?

4. You could probably get a local BB geek to do it for you, if you buy the parts. HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World’s Cellular Repair Center ß
Closed Thread