Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 09:56 AM   #1
traininggoddess

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Question Multiple synchronization problems on Pearl 8130

Please Login to Remove!

I've recently experienced a complete deletion of all Outlook 2007 Calendar entries on my desktop when when synchronizing to my Blackberry 8130. No other folders were affected on my desktop except my Calendar. In another forum, I found out that it might be a setting on my device for an email account linked to a calendar. under Options, Advanced Options, Default Services (CICAL). So, I checked and indeed the CICAL did link to an incorrect account, so I corrected that but it didn't resolve the problem.

Then, I attempted to restore the 247 Calendar entries that show up in my device backup list, but even after several attempts, nothing showed up in my Outlook Calendar on my desktop. I looked at a single Calendar entry on my device - again, they're all still there intact - and it shows an association with an email account which I use on my device but don't have set up in Outlook on my desktop (because I'm not able to configure it under Outlook 2007). The field at the top of the calendar entry on my device say's 'Send using kmills_ata at yahoo.com'. Why? When did this happen? How do I reset it to a valid email address, if that's the solution? How do I clear it since I don't see how it can show an email address associated with a simple calendar entry on the device but not on a desktop calendar entry.

In addition, I've noticed that synchronization almost always has stripped out the photo image that I associate with a contact on the device when performing a sync to the desktop.

Finally, synchronization lately has also been stripping out the background image I configure on my device. Strangely, if I remove the battery and reinsert, my custom image returns to my device background display upon startup.

Help! I don't want to have to recreate 200+ Calendar entries which I do still have on my device so that they're on my desktop. Nor do I want to duplicate these entries on either desktop or device if I could avoid this. Any advice would be MUCH appreciated!

I'm using the Blackberry Desktop Manager software version 4.3.0.17. I purchased the Pearl last December.

Last edited by traininggoddess; 08-11-2009 at 10:03 AM..
Old 08-12-2009, 10:40 AM   #2
traininggoddess

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Bell Mobility

Update on my previous post. I deleted ALL of the CICAL entries on the Service Book list expecting that my backup/wipe/restore/resynchronize would recreate the correct CICAL/Email entry. It didn't and when I go into the Default Services settings, now there is only an entry for Default Email. There is now NO calendar default option even, much less the default address that can be selected.

I'm also confused as to which email address SHOULD be associated with my calendar. I only have one PST in my Outlook desktop configuration, but ALL my email goes into it. So, I'm not even sure that I want to 'lock in' a specific email address with my calendar. Any help in clarifying why this is even necessary would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
TrainingGoddess
Closed Thread