Old 10-04-2008, 09:49 PM   #1
atom631
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default duplicate email issue... somewhat different

Please Login to Remove!

so ive searched and read most of the duplicate email issues regarding gmail and i feel mine is somewhat different. hopefully someone can help, cuz its extremely annoying.

i started out with a curve 8310 on at&t. my company uses google as our mail server. we dont have a "username@gmail.com" address, we actually have our company "username@company.com" setup.

so i never had a duplicate mail issue at all with my ATT curve. My company then had me port my number over to their sprint account and took ownership of my number. i now have a curve 8330 on sprint.

i am now getting duplicate emails with my work/gmail email address. if its a new email, reply, forward...whatever it is...i get a copy of it on my BB. if i send an email from outlook, it shows up on my BB.

now...the catch is that we have like 5-6 other users in my company that have sprint BBs and have their work/gmail email setup on their BBs. none of them have the duplicate email issue. all of these other users have that 88xx world edition phone, and 1 pearl. no other curves though.

so we have our work/gmail email setup through outlook w/ POP settings. i have checked my settings on outlook, on our gmail web portal, on the sprint BB site, and on the BBs themselves...and my settings are identical to everyone else.

i also created my email account on another sprint BB (the person with the pearl)... and they were getting duplicate emails with my account on their phone too. however, not with their own account.

so i truly have no idea what it could be. obviously since the problem showed up on 2 different sprint BBs then it has to be a gmail issue. i went through the settings literally 10 times over and i cant find anything different.

at this point im thinking about blowing out my work/gmail account and recreating it to see if it solves the problem. what will suck about that is ill loose all my emails. id rather avoid this option, but i dont think i have any left.

i know i can setup the filter in the sprintBB site, but i actually forward alot of work email from outlook to my BB. so if i email myself in outlook, it will show up on my BB but not in my outlook..at least thats how it worked with my ATT phone and thats exactly what i needed it to do...it was great. i could just create another email account and foward all those emails to that account and then set the filter up...but its still not an actual fix to the problem, just a work-around.

help, anyone? please?
Old 10-04-2008, 09:59 PM   #2
atom631
Thumbs Must Hurt

does anyone think its possible that b/c i ported my number from ATT to BB that maybe my att blackberry BIS service is still up somehow and its also receiving emails and maybe thats the cause of the problem?
Old 10-04-2008, 10:11 PM   #3
atom631
Thumbs Must Hurt

another update:

since i have admin rights to our company gmail account, i created another account and linked it to my BB via BIS (same as all others).... and im getting duplicate emails with the brand new account.

so blowing out my email account isnt a fix either. i think this has to do with gmail and the curve(or OS 4.3). they dont like each other. however, it doesnt explain with i also got duplicate emails on the pearl, but that persons account doesnt duplicate emails on the same phone. weird. annoying. F.

Last edited by atom631; 10-04-2008 at 10:14 PM..
Closed Thread