Old 01-22-2009, 09:10 PM   #1
vongillern
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Question regarding new Bold

Please Login to Remove!

I just moved from the 8310 Curve on ATT to the Bold. So far, I'm very happy, but have found a few things that I need some help with.
  • I would like to transfer the Autotext and all my bookmarks from my 8310 to the 9000. I know it wasn't possible before, but is it now?
  • I do not like the browser on the bold. I actually prefer a browser that optimizes the web page for viewing on the mobile device vs. having to zoom in then have to scroll. Any ideas? I've looked for config settings and can't find any that might change it.

Thanks in advance for your help. I should let you know I'm on a corporate BES if that makes any difference.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:51 PM   #2
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Wirelessly posted (Its All About the U!)

1) Hook up to desktop manger and try the switch device wizard.

You can also backup your 8310 and then through your DM, you can click restore advanced and choose the autotext module

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 01-22-2009, 10:13 PM   #3
vongillern
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by akosnitzky View Post
Wirelessly posted (Its All About the U!)

1) Hook up to desktop manger and try the switch device wizard.

You can also backup your 8310 and then through your DM, you can click restore advanced and choose the autotext module
The bookmarks and autotext are identified as read-only on the restore database. I think it is because they are supposed to sync wirelessly, but they don't. Any other ideas?
Old 01-22-2009, 10:36 PM   #4
JaguarXJ7
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9810
Carrier: Rogers

Sorry I can't speak on the AutoText or Bookmark issue, but the browser issue I can.

While viewing a web page simply hit "z" to switch to column view. You can also set this as a default ......... Go To Options (from Browser) > General Properties and set Default View to Column. If you do not wish to set it as the default view for all web pages you can set this as the default view for individual bookmarks ........... that is once you get them transferred. Go to Bookmarks > highlight any given Bookmark > hit the Menu Key > and click on Edit Bookmark > scroll to View and set to Column. Repeat for each web site you want to view in this mode.

Hope that helps you out.

"Torch 9810 + Playbook 64gb"
Old 01-22-2009, 10:51 PM   #5
vongillern
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaguarXJ7 View Post
Sorry I can't speak on the AutoText or Bookmark issue, but the browser issue I can.

While viewing a web page simply hit "z" to switch to column view. You can also set this as a default ......... Go To Options (from Browser) > General Properties and set Default View to Column. If you do not wish to set it as the default view for all web pages you can set this as the default view for individual bookmarks ........... that is once you get them transferred. Go to Bookmarks > highlight any given Bookmark > hit the Menu Key > and click on Edit Bookmark > scroll to View and set to Column. Repeat for each web site you want to view in this mode.

Hope that helps you out.
Thanks. Gave it a shot, but still getting some horizontal scrolling going on. It does seem better and at least I can toggle back and forth. Thanks for your help.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:00 PM   #6
rdef
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by vongillern View Post
The bookmarks and autotext are identified as read-only on the restore database. I think it is because they are supposed to sync wirelessly, but they don't. Any other ideas?
Delete the SYNC service book, the you can backup whatever you want. After you are done backing up the bookmarks, etc., undelete the SYNC service book.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:44 PM   #7
JaguarXJ7
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9810
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by vongillern View Post
Thanks. Gave it a shot, but still getting some horizontal scrolling going on. It does seem better and at least I can toggle back and forth. Thanks for your help.
No problem, glad to help.

"Torch 9810 + Playbook 64gb"
Closed Thread