Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 07:49 PM   #1
navyeoseabee

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Default my 9530 issue list. help.

Please Login to Remove!

these are my issues, with my blackberry, i like it very much compared to other AKA smart phones, but some times i feel smarter than the phone!...i don't like that.-lol

1- MESSAGES OUT OF THE YING YANG! needless to say missed phone call,email, txt, i still get a message in the "messages" the email message is a copy of the email...is there a way to turn of the message? not the sms,mms but the message app.

2-it takes for ever to change screens from time to time. it is like when windows smart phones are running to many apps and it has to do hard thinking which app to go to ... well is there a trick to close the apps from running when your done with them
it seems like the battery drains faster when it does that also.

3-my app screen the icons move spots, am i doing that if so how, and is there a way to switch the main screen apps with the 8 most used ones or do i have to leave them the way they are set?

4- if i and only if there is a way to delete unused apps off my phone will it be faster?

5-what is the best hip case for the 9530? i am very hard on my phones so is there one of steel?-lol

i think that is about it.

oh, no

BIG EARS !!!

my ear keeps hitting mute, or some other feature that makes it easier to hang up and call back....is there any way to fix that....no i am not cutting them off!

thanks this is my first post also i am not a virgin !
Old 11-11-2009, 08:17 PM   #2
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

1. nope.
2. menu - close. or the escape button (arrow button) NOT the end call, this pushes app to background and keeps it running.
try a battery pull.
3.you highlight an icon. press menu button. then go to MOVE. then move to where you want it. (the top 8 are the ones on the main home screen)
4.could be.
options - advanced - applications. highlight app to delete. press menu button - delete.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 11-11-2009, 09:02 PM   #3
XelhaBB
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: Ask
Carrier: Verizon

Navyeoseabee,

1. Click the MESSAGE icon > press Blackberry Button > Options > Main Message List Settings > uncheck your synced email account. Now you will only see the messages delivered in your Email icon.

Now the emails will not appear in your MESSAGE icon. You can also disable SMS and MMS here and they will only appear in the SMS icon. You could also turn off your data channel when you want complete silence but you will also lose other data services.

You could probably set up a filter in the BIS Server but I wouldn't even begin to be able to tell you how to do that. I fixed a duplicate message issue with Gmail by setting up a filter in the BIS Server, but I had a step by step instruction list that helped me set it up.

2. There is no "trick". To be absolutely sure your application is closed, simply press the Blackberry button and press "close" or chose the "log off" in the messenger programs.

3. Highlight the icon you wish to move, press the Blackberry button, select "move" and place the icon where you want it.

4. Always delete any programs you don't use. This will be a BUNCH. You can either do this by pressing: Options > Applications
This will take a few seconds but it will populate all the applications in a list for you. Then you can manually delete them one by one. This is the slower way and will require a reboot.
You can also use your DM, which I think is quicker. Then you can save an image of your phone with the new configuration. YES - your phone will run faster, nothing dramatic but you will notice it.

5. IMO - Probably the best case made for your Storm is the Otterbox. There are several but the newest one has a heavy duty belt clip - Otterbox Defender case. Check it out via the link below.

OtterBox Defender Case for BlackBerry Storm 9530 - ShopCrackBerry

Hope this helps!

Verizon 9530
Old 11-11-2009, 09:20 PM   #4
bberrychica

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

What version software are you running? I concur that the OtterBox is probably the best hip case on the market. I also definitely recommend deleting programs you don't use, as it will free up the memory and speed up the device!
Old 11-12-2009, 08:13 PM   #5
mhinson

PIN: 3087F9AB
Carrier: Verizon

I have the same issue with always hitting the mute button while resting the phone on my shoulder. Is there a way to stop the mute feature?
Old 11-13-2009, 09:04 PM   #6
navyeoseabee

Carrier: verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhinson View Post
I have the same issue with always hitting the mute button while resting the phone on my shoulder. Is there a way to stop the mute feature?

i seem to hit the mute, and voice dial button ? no clue which... i could look it up , but i say "sut up" and hit the end call or red phone button.

thanks for the info, i am going to so through the phone now and try changing it. i ordered that case also thanks fellow berry owners A+ on forums!

Last edited by navyeoseabee; 11-13-2009 at 09:19 PM..
Closed Thread