BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 03:54 PM   #1
JODZ
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Get a Storm2 or go for the Motorola Doid?

Please Login to Remove!

I know this is primarily a Black Berry site, and I've had every black berry Verizon offers to date. I'm tired of the multiple OS upgrades to get things to work, or work better. I've not tried the Storm2 though. I've convinced Verizon to allow me 1 year pricing on a new phone. Is there really that much of a difference with the Storm2? I've upgraded my storm1 to the 5.0 and it still freezes and required battery pulls, The Verizon Navigator doesn't seem to work as well either.
Does anyone know anything about the Motorola Droid? Good, Bad? Michael
Old 11-22-2009, 04:32 PM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Please do a search on the Droid. Lunkhead, a longtime BB user, has a thread running now about his experiences with the droid. And there are other threads and questions as well.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 11-22-2009, 06:15 PM   #3
dave1812dave
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JODZ View Post
I know this is primarily a Black Berry site, and I've had every black berry Verizon offers to date. I'm tired of the multiple OS upgrades to get things to work, or work better. I've not tried the Storm2 though. I've convinced Verizon to allow me 1 year pricing on a new phone. Is there really that much of a difference with the Storm2? I've upgraded my storm1 to the 5.0 and it still freezes and required battery pulls, The Verizon Navigator doesn't seem to work as well either.

I returned my S2's due to frequent (multiple times per day) need to do battery pulls and OS reinstalls, but the droid certainly has it's issues as well. The main dealbreaker at this time for me, is no droid can do bluetooth voice dialing. Kind of a crazy omission in this day and age.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:13 PM   #4
Stale Pancake
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550

You might have a buggy app or something. I have pulled my battery maybe twice in all the time I have had my Storm 2 and I know exactly what caused it each time. It was Mobile WSJ not being able to connect.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:54 PM   #5
teddeli
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530

Quote:
I had the Droid for a week. It's a great idea but several things made me exchange it for a Storm 2. With BB no spam. Spam gets through on the Droid. No voice dialing and you are only able to delete one email at a time.

All the time I had the Droid I kept thinking if I should have stayed with BB. After exchanging it I am very comfortable with the Storm 2 and do not miss the Droid at all.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:36 AM   #6
JODZ
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the information. I went and played with both phones last night. Messing with the Droid I flt like someone who has only every used a PC and then was handed a Mac. It just doesn't feel comfortable, and it's kind of clunky. I think I'll grab the Storm2 and get the free one for my Fiance (Buy 1 get 1). Thanks again.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:11 PM   #7
derekyeu

Model: 9000
Carrier: TMobile

Quote:
Thanks everyone. I appreciate the information. I went and played with both phones last night. Messing with the Droid I flt like someone who has only every used a PC and then was handed a Mac. It just doesn't feel comfortable, and it's kind of clunky. I think I'll grab the Storm2 and get the free one for my Fiance (Buy 1 get 1). Thanks again.
To me, it all comes down to the apps. And, BB has all the apps I want, plus I still don't think any other platforms can do email better and as quick than a BB. Yes, any smartphone can do emails, but I don't think the other platforms are as good. For me, media playing is nice, but not the most important features.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:47 PM   #8
jcochran1977

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddeli View Post
I had the Droid for a week. It's a great idea but several things made me exchange it for a Storm 2. With BB no spam. Spam gets through on the Droid. No voice dialing and you are only able to delete one email at a time.

All the time I had the Droid I kept thinking if I should have stayed with BB. After exchanging it I am very comfortable with the Storm 2 and do not miss the Droid at all.
I have to agree with this. I had a Droid and also tried the Eris after going from a Blackberry and they just do not compare. I have gotten very fast at typing on the Storm 2 in portrait mode with the Suretype keyboard. It's like typing on the Blackberry Pearl and I was pretty good at that.

I loved what all the Droid could do espeically the Navigation, but my husband has the Droid so I have the best of both worlds
Closed Thread