BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 10:51 AM   #1
OzLobster

Model: 8100
Default VAD hangs when phone password locked

Please Login to Remove!

I found a problem with VAD when the phone is locked with a password enabled, I try to activate VAD from my bluetooth headset and nothing... when I unlock the phone I can see the VAD application is stuck in "Initializing, please wait...". Now VAD was working fine when the phone was locked without having a password enabled. Unfortunately, when I connected my 8100 to my company's BES, the security policy requires us to have a password enabled on the phone (can't disable it ). Now I have to unlock the phone every time I want to use VAD with the bluetooth headset... kinda defeats the purpose of "hands free". Anyone else experiencing this issue or can recreate this problem? My 8100 is from T-Mobile with RIM V4.2.0.42 and I am using a Motorola HS850.
Old 10-14-2006, 12:10 PM   #2
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T

Wirelessly posted (8700c: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

That is what I would expect. My company has the same thing and you can't alt-escape to other apps when the password enages while on the phone for a while.
Old 10-14-2006, 02:57 PM   #3
OzLobster

Never mind.... I figured out what was going on. In "Security Settings --> content protection" I had "Include Address Book" set to "Yes". When I set this to "No", voice dialling works properly, even when the phone is locked. I guess that should have been obvious... Doh!
Old 10-14-2006, 04:40 PM   #4
byeelec
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzLobster
Never mind.... I figured out what was going on. In "Security Settings --> content protection" I had "Include Address Book" set to "Yes". When I set this to "No", voice dialling works properly, even when the phone is locked. I guess that should have been obvious... Doh!

EggZackly :>))))